Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sessions FRIDAY

Friday


Welcome and Opening Session
Hosts-Sarah Mayor Cox and Sue Gillett
Fun packed with an imaginative format that made the
session accessible for kids and gave the opportunity for
authors to share both fun and informative stories.-Excellent
ps. Loved Adam's t-shirt: I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry.


The Life and Left Hand of Dr Whatley:
Really enjoyed the ideas that Bruce shared about what happens when artists
switch hands-precision for the right hand and emotional depiction using the left.
As an artist, that has energised me and made me want to research the idea further.
Also, loved his personal story.


Fringe Festival: Heather Lorraine Blakey-Travels with a Donkey.
This session did not have as much writing as I wanted but
 I did enjoy some of the story swapping.
The main thing I got out of it was the concept of collecting fragments to get
stories started. She used the text, "Women who run with Wolves," which I
have read before and not found I was not really able to apply the concepts listed
despite liking the fairy tale narratives.


Exhibition Launch: Bruce Whatley
I loved this exhibition except for the one small detail; that the mediums used
were not listed with the titles. I was able to talk more with Bruce about his PhD topic
on the brain-very exciting field. I loved the splashy affect on his flood illustration.
His left hand painting conveyed so much mood and emotion. I was interested when talking to
people that most people found the fire painting resonated most.


Hope for the Good Life-Bob Brown
Not much hope shared but it was strangely energising-fighting in the face of huge obstacles.
Bob's promoted his book and his personal charities-Saving the Tarkine and Sea Shepherd.
Having recently just been to Japan and seeing the sale of whale meat at the market, I found
the bravery of that boat wedging itself between a refuel tanker and a Japanese whaling ship inspiring.
He also talked about depression. He subscribes to a common democracy and that the prescription for great cruelty, is a world of haves and have nots. He told us the perks that big corporations get, make Bronwyn Bishop's transport of choice looks like joy ride.











No comments:

Post a Comment